Blog entry by Zack Jerry
Narrative essay writing is all about the narration of a certain event or situation. The main purpose of this type of essay is to tell a story in both an interesting and engaging way. A narrative essay is the only type of essay that allows you to be creative as a writer. Though it might seem a short story, it more focuses on a personal experience that highlights a lesson to be learned.
Writing a good narrative essay can be more challenging than other types of essays. In narrative essay writer, the primary thing that you need to have is all the required information about the topic. To come up with a great narrative essay, the following are some of the common mistakes that you need to avoid.
- The most common mistake that students make is switching from writing in the first-person perspective to the third person. Keep the form of writing the same throughout the essay.
- Avoid using slang words in narrative essay writing. Such words are acceptable to use in writing dialogues or monologues of characters. But it is not a good idea to use these kinds of words in regular prose.
- Avoid adding too many verbs in sentences as you will fail to construct the full picture of the story. The moderate use of verbs with adjectives and adverbs is the best approach to go for.
- Avoid writing a contradictory statement or something that denies what you have said earlier in the story.
- Never ignore punctuation in essay writing. Learn the basic rules of using commas, apostrophes, and hyphens so that it is free from language mistakes and does not make a poor impression on the reader.
- Avoid changing the sequence of events otherwise, it will be very difficult for the reader to follow the plotline and understand the story.
- Do not hold back when it comes to putting your whole self into the paper. You have to be vulnerable when it comes to writing the narrative essay. If you are not putting every aspect of your experience, maybe it is not the right time for you to write this type of paper.
Although narrative essay writing is about a personal story, using too much conversational and simple language might be difficult to consider a successful one. Find a balance between telling a personal story in an interesting manner while keeling the writing style pleasing throughout.
These are some of the common pitfalls that you need to avoid in writing your narrative essay. Students usually lack the required skills and often end up making such mistakes that result in poor quality work. Take into account these tips and improve the manner in which you write your narrative essay. If you still struggle, keep in mind there are many websites that write papers for you for free, you can contact one of them and get a free essay writer on your side to take the narrative essay writing task for you.