Blog entry by Zack Jerry
Brainstorming is an important part of the writing process. It kick starts the process and helps the writer get into the mood of writing. However, mastering this skill is not as easy as it may sound. It needs practice to come up with solid writing ideas that could be turned into essays and papers.
Due to the rigorous nature of this brainstorming process, many students prefer giving their work to online ‘write essay for me’ service providers. Writers working with them are professionals and that is why they know how to come up with unique essay ideas and write essays that would earn them a good grade.
To know more how to brainstorm effectively, we have discussed some useful techniques below.
1. Brainwriting Technique: In this process, each team member writes down all the ideas that come in its mind. The process is anonymous and no names are given with the ideas. This tactic is especially helpful in avoiding bias and giving an equal chance of participation to the more introverted team members.
For students, this could be really helpful as they could collect as many ideas as come in their minds and sort them afterwards.
2. Mind Mapping Technique: Probably the most famous of all the brainstorming techniques, mind mapping is done after you have selected the essay topic. The topic is written in the middle and all the relevant ideas and questions are branched out from there.
To work with this technique, write the topic on a paper on on an online document and add all the ideas that come into your mind. You can choose some ideas to explain and add into your essay from the list.
3. Starbursting Technique: This is somewhat similar to the mind mapping technique with a difference that instead of mapping out ideas and topics, 5WH questions are used. The student investigates the how, who, why, what, where and when of the main topic and build ideas on it.
To practice the technique, draw a star in the mid and fill its five corners with these questions. Research and add the relevant information as main points under each question.
4. Rapid Ideation Technique: Putting a time limit on the ideas contributing process is really helpful for the teams, or students, who does not want to spend hours on coming up with a perfect idea. This time limit prevents overthinking and helps you get more topic ideas to select from.
A great way of working with this technique is to write down all the ideas that come into your mind, even those that seem silly and nonsensical.
5. SWOT Analysis Technique: Not exactly a brainstorming but a great way of analyzing your essay topic and getting some great ideas in the process. In the process, the student analyzes the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats linked with the main topic.
The tactic is used by businesses to analyze a new product or business idea but you can also use it to understand your essay topic properly.
Practice these techniques to brainstorm effectively and come up with multiple essay topics. If you are still confuse, then look for any essay writing service online.