Blog entry by Zack Jerry
Time to work on your research assignment but stuck with the research question? Of all the steps involved in working on a research paper, searching and developing the research question is the most important one.
However, developing a good research question needs practice and ample relevant knowledge about the topic that you are working on. To ease the process and to get a headstart, students like to work with professional ‘write my essay for me’ services.
To help you with it, following are some of the ways of developing and creating a befitting research question.
- Keep the Audience in Mind: A good research question is according to its target audience. Generally, the target audience for a research paper is the course supervisor, who is an academician.
To keep her interested in your paper, you will have to add things like relevant and in-depth research, credible sources and data and grammatically correct language.
- Choose a Broad Topic: When you begin, it is better to choose a broad topic. Choosing a narrow topic will not give you enough opportunity to work on it. Choosing a broad topic will give you more chances to think about it and gather more ideas, related topics and questions that you can use to form your research question.
- Mind Map the Chosen Topic: After choosing a topic that you want to work on, make a mind map and branch out all the ideas and questions that come in your mind. At this stage, no need to think about which ideas will make good research topics.
Just write down everything that comes in your mind and make an exhaustive list of ideas.
- Narrow down the Ideas: Once you have made the list, narrow it down and select the topics that you would like to work on. To know which topics will work, separate the closely related topics and see how you could work them.
Some ways of doing it is by merging two to three ideas together and see if it makes a good research question idea.
- Do some Initial Research: After gathering the ideas that interest you, do some initial research on them. See which ideas could be developed into questions. Doing an initial research will help you get more ideas and topics for your chosen research idea.
These ideas could be used to develop the research question and to take your entire research further also.
- Make a List of Questions: Make a list of questions that you would like to add into your research. These are the closely related ideas and topics that you can add into your research. You can use the ideas that you have discovered in your research phase to fill in the closely related questions and use them to develop your research question.
- Evaluate the Developed Question: Once you have developed the question, analyze it to make sure that the question is effective and fit to be considered as a research question. Some things to consider in your research question is the clarity, focus of the question and the level of complexity.
A good question should compel your reader to read your work to get the answers.
Following these steps, you will be able to develop a suitable research question for your thesis or paper. Apart of it, you can also get help from write essay for me service online.