Physics and Life Sciences Theme
The Theme of Physics and Life Sciences (PaLS) covers a large breadth of both physical and life sciences. As students come from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and are pursuing diverse PhD projects, the exact courses to be taken should be discussed with the student’s individual supervisor. Students are also invited to select relevant courses from any of the themes and or to take appropriate and relevant non-SUPA courses within their home institution, but it is essential that the appropriate assessment (in the form of examination, written assignment or oral assignment) be discussed and agreed with the PaLS Theme Leader (Gail McConnell) in advance.
- SUPABAL Biomedical Applications of Lasers, Beams and Radiation
- SUPABIP Biophotonics
- SUPAIBP Introducing Biology to Physicists
- SUPABPS Biological Physics
- SUPAMMD Mathematical Modelling
- SUPAASL Astrobiology and the Search for Life