Currently sorted First name ascending Sort by: Last name | First name change to descending

Page:  1  2  (Next)


Karon McBride


Account : How do I get a SUPA account?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 23 April 2019, 3:09 PM)

A My.SUPA account can be automatically issued if you are a member of staff or PhD student in Physics or a related area and have a university email address from a SUPA partner

Use the quick self-service form to request a SUPA account if you are a PhD student or a member of staff in a department of physics and/or astronomy at Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Heriot-Watt, St Andrews, Strathclyde or UWS universities.

Quick self-service My.SUPA account setup for staff and PhD students

For other account requests please use the form below. 
Use the 'other account requests' if you are not a staff member or PhD student in one of the SUPA universities.

Other account requests for My.SUPA


Auditing. What does auditor mean?

(Last edited: Thursday, 10 September 2009, 1:47 PM)
To audit: to attend a course or class without intending to take any examination.

In cases where a student would like to attend a course but would prefer not to complete the coursework, it is possible to register as an auditor.

It is important to note that you will NOT receive Hours Equivalent Credit for courses which you audit.

To register as an auditor of a course, click on the Enrolment link and select 'Auditing student' from the dropdown before clicking on the 'Enrol' button.

It is important to register as an auditor (as opposed to just turning up) so that you can access the course materials and receive the course messages (e.g., lecture cancellations). Also, if you don't register, we can't guarantee that your local VC room will be booked for you.


Courses. How do I find a course area?

(Last edited: Thursday, 10 September 2009, 2:52 PM)
There are three ways to find a course area:
  1. Take a link to a Theme area from the front page
  2. Look at the index of all courses and areas
  3. Use the 'Courses Search' facility on the front page


Enrolment. How do I enrol on a SUPA course?

(Last edited: Thursday, 10 September 2009, 2:31 PM)
To enrol on a SUPA course, first go to the My.SUPA area for the course. (How do I find a course area?)

Screenshot of enrolment linkIf the course is open for self-enrolment, there will be an enrolment link in the administration block on the left hand side of the page.

When you click on the link, you will be taken to the enrolment page. You will be asked to decide whether you are joining the course as a student or as an auditor. (More information about auditing courses)

If this is the first time you have enrolled in a SUPA course this year, you will also be asked to consent to being recorded in lectures. If you do not consent to be recorded, leave the consent box unchecked. (More information about recording)

Finally, click on the 'Enrol' button at the bottom of the page to enrol on the course.

If you are enrolled on a course, your name will appear in the list of participants and the name of the course will appear in the 'My courses or areas' blocks. This block can be found on the top right of the front page of My.SUPA and on the left hand side of every internal page. Note that it only shows you your courses when you're logged in.

If you change your mind about a course, or wish to swap from student to auditor or vice versa, unenrol from the course and start again.

If you change your mind about recording consent, please email


Login: How can I get a My.SUPA login?

(Last edited: Thursday, 7 August 2008, 3:52 PM)


Maths: Can I type in LaTeX?

(Last edited: Thursday, 13 November 2008, 1:14 PM)
In most parts of My.SUPA, including discussion forums, you can type in LaTeX and the expression will be rendered as an image in html pages and emails.

Example: Type the following without the spaces between the dollar signs:


to get


More help is available on using LaTeX notation


Non-SUPA courses: How do I apply for credit for non-SUPA courses?

(Last edited: Thursday, 24 January 2019, 2:59 PM)
You will find guidance on the procedures for obtaining credit for non-SUPA courses in the Student Handbook as well as


PowerPoint - I'm not a Windows user. How can I view PowerPoint files?

(Last edited: Thursday, 7 August 2008, 3:53 PM)
Struggling to view your lecturer's slides? Try the TonicPoint viewer.


Rooms. How to book one or more SUPA VC Rooms

(Last edited: Monday, 3 August 2015, 3:24 PM)
To book one or more SUPA VC room, please contact the local manager of the room to check availability and make the booking online @ with your request.


Rooms. Where are the Videoconferencing Rooms?

(Last edited: Thursday, 25 July 2019, 11:16 AM)

University Room No.
Aberdeen 302, Meston Building
Dundee Basement, Ewing Building
Edinburgh JCMB 1301 
Glasgow 255a, Kelvin Building
Heriot-Watt 1.27, Earl Mountbatten Building
St Andrews 307 (or sometimes 222), Physics Building
Strathclyde 813, John Anderson Building
UWS F.318, Henry Building

Note - not all the sites take all the lectures. If you register or email you will be able to sign up for lectures, and check the availability at your site.

At Heriot Watt an alternative room is sometimes used the Media Studio provided by the Audio Visual Services Team

Page:  1  2  (Next)