Photonics Theme AreaThe programme offered within the Photonics theme involves a selection of lecture courses which we hope will be of interest to you. Additionally there are opportunities to take part in some distance learning courses. It may also be useful for you to look at courses offered through the other themes especially Condensed Matter and Material Sciences, and the Core courses. Students are also encouraged to attend Photonics related seminars hosted across Scotland.
- Maths Primer (SUPAPRI)
- Experimental Atomic & Quantum Optics (SUPAEAQ)
Note: Method of delivery: Face to Face - Institution: Strathclyde
- Nanophotonics (SUPANAN)
- Quantum Technology - Experimental Techniques (SUPAQTE)
- Concepts in Signal and Image Processing (SUPACSI)
- Polymers and Liquid Crystals (SUPAPLC)
Delivery: Distance Learning This course is bienniel and will not run in 2019/20.
- Semi-quantum Theory of Atom Light Interactions (SUPASTA)
- Ultrafast Photonics (SUPAUPH)
Delivery: Distance Learning
- Solid-State Lasers (SUPASSL)
- Quantum Technologies - Theoretical Techniques (SUPAQTT)
Semester 1 (including the list and course description)