This course is aimed at students with a grounding in optical theory but seeking to expand their lab skills in optics and imaging.
- basic design, construction and precision alignment of experiments from kit optical components (e.g. Thorlabs components)
- understanding of microscope objective lenses and their properties for optical experiments
- hands-on use of a variety of microscope and camera systems
- understanding of camera properties such as read noise, and selection of optimal camera technology
- designing and constructing with laser safety in mind
This in-person, practical lab course will take place over a number of days in Glasgow.